5 fantastic street photography collectives including OBSERVE, Un-Posed, ...
There are many street photography competitions that can help you to show your work to a larger audience. They can also act as a way to show you the kinds of contemporary photos and photographers that the street community consider to be at the top of their game.
Keep an eye out for competitions in your local area. Newspapers, magazines and community groups will often feature work of local artists or run competitions specific to a town or city.
Be aware that some competitions have high entry fees and may have terms that claim onerous intellectual property rights upon your work. Make sure you do your research before entering.
- StreetFoto San Francisco
- Sony World Photography Awards
- LensCulture Street Photography Awards
- British Photography Awards
- Miami Street Photography Festival
- SPI Street Awards
- Aussie Street
- Street Week at LACP
- Italian Streetphoto Festival
- Street Photo Milano – Emerging Photographers Contest
- Urban Photo Awards
- Bangkok Street Photography Festival
- London Street Photography Festival
- Brussels Street Photography Festival
- Travel Photographer of the Year
I have tried to focus on competitions that can be entered from anywhere in the world without having to be present at the event itself. If you are aware of any relevant competitions that I should add to the list, please get in touch.